Basic Principles of the International Friendship Exchange Council (FEC)
We advocate the following three pillars as our basic principles.
- For the peace and prosperity of the world.
In present days, we can't think of the peace and prosperity of Japan without world peace and prosperity. People are mutually dependent and related to each other all over the world.
This Association will make efforts to contribute to the peace and prosperity of the world by promoting friendship, cooperation and mutual understanding with people of other counties.
- Corresponding to globalization.
- The importance of international relations has never been so keenly felt by people as it is felt today. The globe has become smaller timewise and spacewise, thanks to the development of the means of transportation and communication and an incident in a region can be instantaneously transmitted all over the world spreading influences. This tendency is thought to become strong more and more in the future, and correspondence to the internationalization becomes more important even for the regional society. This Association will make efforts to deepen the sense of internationalization of the entire people.
- So that Diplomacy between the governments is promoted more strongly.
- This Association will promote systematic private sector exchanges with foreign countries (private diplomacy) by fusing the expertise of the government sector and the vitality of the private sector. Private level international exchanges and mutual understanding of people across the world are becoming increasingly important.